About the Wales Arts Health & Well-being Network
Established in 2013, WAHWN (Wales Arts Health & Wellbeing Network) is the national sector support body for arts, health and wellbeing in Wales. Our work is underpinned by key legislation and drivers, including the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act 2015, and a Memorandum of Understanding between the Welsh NHS Confederation and Arts Council Wales. Our rapidly expanding membership of over 700 arts and health professionals, represents the arts, health and HE sectors working across the full range of art form practice in health, arts and other community settings. WAHWN is proud of its central role within a growing number of key partnership initiatives and our position to provide a national voice for the sector at a strategic level, demonstrating best practice of existing policy implementation and influencing new policies.
To enable arts and creativity to transform, the health, wellbeing and resilience of individuals, communities, and healthcare in Wales.
- To support, develop and research arts and health practice in Wales. This builds on our established networks, which extend beyond our members, and reach health service leadership and key planning forums such as Welsh Government’s Cross-Party Group on Arts and Health. Through our mission we seek to:
- Connect and empower changemakers across Wales’ arts and health ecology.
- Build political traction to support the transformative power of the arts and creativity for health and wellbeing.
- Champion and support creative innovation to transform healthcare systems in Wales.
- Grow the resilience and impact of arts organisations and artists delivering artistic work which aligns with health and wellbeing outcomes.
To drive the sustainable development and growth of a thriving, representative and inclusive arts and health sector in Wales that connects and supports arts and health professionals, and champions creative participation. To act as a superpower to unlock growth, prosperity, health, well-being, and resilience.
We are driven by our values:
- Committed to positive social change