Opportunities & Events
Music Engagement Officer
Location: Gwent wide | Start Date: 1/4/24
To co-ordinate and deliver music sessions across Gwent in acute psychiatry and community settings. Use a variety of instruments and technology to offer participants musical experiences through group sessions and more person centred work. Manage personal schedule in collaboration with settings.
SALARY £11.35 per hour
Growing Space is a registered charity, founded in 1992 in response to the Welsh Office All Wales Strategy for Mental Illness, addressing a need for sheltered training and work experience within the community. Its long-term aim is to provide high quality support and training that would lead to employment. Growing Space has a track record of providing high quality services, developing user-centered approaches and working in partnership with statutory and third sector bodies to enhance clients' quality of life. The mission of Growing Space is to improve the mental health and well-being of individuals, families and communities in Gwent. We have a comprehensive selection of high-quality musical instruments and a fully equipped recording studio.
MAJOR TASKS: 1. To deliver musical engagement sessions and training to help support wellbeing, communication, creativity and confidence building.
2. Plan appropriate musical activities in partnership with key personnel including utilising our fully equipped music recording studio for participants to make demo’s and recordings
3. Maintain appropriate records and assay information for use within the organisation.
4. Plan, deliver and record sessions inline with the charities systems
5. Plan the sessions to be delivered ensuring individuals with different needs can attend.
6. Responsibility for the maintenance and safety of all equipment (non-mechanical) used in training and for the health and safety requirements of the project.
7. Work closely with others in a small team providing services to participants, volunteers and to co-ordinate their activities.
8. To assist in the assessment of participants referred to projects.
9. To conduct and assist in the participant progress reviews.
10. To carry out any other reasonable duties as determined by your Line Manager.
11. To enforce and promote good Health and Safety practices.
12. To ensure that any policies and procedures are adhered to.
13. To assist in raising the profile of the organisation and in any agreed developments to enhance the organisation’s operation.
14. To ensure that any information relating to the organisation, staff, participants, or funders is kept strictly confidential, in line with GDPR guidelines.