Opportunities & Events
Location: Pontio, Bangor | Start Date: 14.01.24
Pontio Bangor, Sunday 14 January 2024, 6-8 p m
Immerse yourself in Paint, Film, Clay, Movement and Sound as we share our unique and exciting project
About the Cysylltu…. project
Based on workshops and R&D during Summer 2023, and co-created by members of community groups, artists and health professionals, CYSYLLTU creates new conversations, beyond words, promoting well-being and improved mental health through engagement with a rich mix of creative disciplines.
The interactive/immersive public sharing events at Pontio on 14 January 2024 comprise
· an exhibition lasting 3 weeks giving a live taste of each of the workshops and
· a multi disciplinary artistic expression of Cysytlltu written and performed by professional artists with lived experience.
The event will be documented and become a legacy film, which with other legacy materials can be shared wider than the audience in Bangor.
There is already an interest in using the findings of this project to develop a future model for social arts prescribing and we are keen to share our ideas more widely by inviting a range of potential partners, particularly among healthcare professionals..
Uniquely Cysylltu is:
· Originally driven by a recovery community commission.
· Artists have lived experience.
· Participation from diverse, multi-lingual, BAME, LGBTQ+, disabled communities.
· Artists and non artists collaborate, mentor and learn from each other.
· Many involved from workshops stage
SOUND YOUR VOICE - BE HEARD - RECONNECT - RECOVER
For more information contact Ellen Davies on
Or call/text 07884063867