Online Consultation for a Social Prescribing National Framework
Welsh Government are carrying out an online consultation for a national framework for social prescribing.
Earlier this year, WAHWN invited Nicola Evans, Head of Health Inequalities and Healthy Communities and her team to present their findings to date in order to better understand the place of arts in the social prescribing framework. Since then, WAHWN has been working with health boards and social prescribing teams to develop stronger links across Wales to ensure that the arts are part of the wider offer in social prescribing.
Now is your opportunity to have your say. You can access the consultation online:
Submit your comments by 20 October 2022: Developing a national framework for social prescribing | GOV.WALES
"A national framework for social prescribing would set a common set of standards and ensure consistent delivery.
We want to:
- develop a common understanding of the language used to describe social prescribing
- agree a model of social prescribing for Wales
- understand what is already happening across Wales, what is working well and what isn’t
- identify what action can be taken on a once for Wales basis
- help embed social prescribing services in areas where they either don’t exist or need to be developed further
- find out which technological solutions we need to develop"
For further information: Video recording of Nicola Evans, Welsh Government, presentation at WAHWN network meeting of the evolving Social Prescribing Framework for Wales on Friday 25th February 2022. https://vimeo.com/682809031